RETURN OF GROUP RIDING
We are recommencing group rides! Any rides taking place on this particular day will be detailed separately.
Although the public will be required to adhere to the rule of six for outdoor gatherings, the government is allowing organised sport to take place with more than six participants.
In our case, Sport England has liaised with British Cycling to produce an arrangement whereby up to fifteen riders can cycle together in a group as members of an affiliated club. DRR has always been such an affiliated club.
There are some rules to be followed until May 17th. This will ensure the ride leader is covered for public liability.
1. The ride leader determines the maximum group size and records the names of all the riders in that group who are members. Guests are allowed up to a maximum of three per ride, but they must provide their full contact details.
2. All riders must sign up to their chosen ride by contacting the ride leader where places are available. Use Facebook/ Messenger in the first instance, otherwise text or call the ride leader if not possible. Ensure the ride leader is aware of your interest. Turning up to a ride unannounced is not permitted. Avoid cancelling at short notice. A no-show could mean you won’t be invited back the following week!
3. Ride leaders should put their ride on the website ride calendar and state how many places remain available. This should be updated when the list is full.
4. The rule of six will need to be observed at the start and end of the ride. For instance, if meeting at a car park, groups of up to six should gather at opposite corners and only come together during the ride with a maximum of fifteen.
5. Stops and short rest breaks should be socially distanced. Stopping at cafes and takeaways is not permitted for groups larger than six.
6. The ‘Stay Local’ advice does not apply to group rides. There is no limit as to how far away a ride can take place other than the stipulation that overnight stops are not permitted and Wales is out of bounds at the moment.
7. The club will operate a track and trace system. Anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19 after a ride is required to contact a committee member, and their details will be forwarded to the NHS.